DHT - dihydrotestosterone

knackers323

I’ve been taking the DHT based steroid proviron and feeling much better.

Regular non DHT steroids have not had the same effect

The benefits are pretty impressive so I’m wondering if it’s just the standard effects from altering hormone levels that is having the impact or it’s some other mechanism

As CFS, and to my knowledge, autoimmune diseases in general effect women more than men, I’m thinking that the male hormone DHT might be having some effect on a possible autoimmune process

Anyone aware of the role of DHT in autoimmune illnesses?

@Hip you aware of anything?

Has anyone else tried proviron or similar?

Wishful

Please let us know if it continues to work after couple of weeks. Some of us have had beneficial responses to prednisone or other steroids, but they stopped working after the first course or two. I had effective remissions the first two courses of prednisone, but I tried it twice after that with no noticeable effect.

Unexpectedly, cumin seed had the same effect as prednisone (after my doctor wouldn't prescribe any more), but that stopped working too after a week or so.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

Regular non DHT steroids have not had the same effect

The benefits are pretty impressive so I’m wondering if it’s just the standard effects from altering hormone levels that is having the impact or it’s some other mechanism

As CFS, and to my knowledge, autoimmune diseases in general effect women more than men, I’m thinking that the male hormone DHT might be having some effect on a possible autoimmune process

Anyone aware of the role of DHT in autoimmune illnesses?

@Hip you aware of anything?

Has anyone else tried proviron or similar?
What dose of proviron you taking? Its well known for increasing free testosterone levels for guys already on testosterone replacement therapy plus TRT theres always some conversion to dht.

Non dht based steroids for guys i think can maybe help someone with anxiety or they can make others lethargic after 4 to 6 weeks like deca/ nandrolone.

Testosterone itself can be energising through dht but also through dopamine pathways which than effects adrenaline/noradrenaline. Not sure if dht has an effect on dopamine but possible.

Hip

From what I can make out from the Wikipedia article, I don't think mesterolone (Proviron) specifically acts on the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) system. The hormones DHT and testosterone both activate the androgen receptor (AR), which is their biological target, but DHT more potently activates the AR than testosterone.

So mesterolone is just another compound that activates the AR.

Have you tried any other testosterone increasing protocols, such as the herb Tribulus terrestris, which is thought to raise testosterone? Or testosterone replacement therapy? Then you could compare the effects to those of mesterolone.

If your testosterone levels are low, then testosterone replacement (and presumably mesterolone as well), will have a mood-boosting, motivation-boosting and energizing effect. Men in their 40s often find their motivation and mood flagging because of lower testosterone (testosterone levels decline by about 1% to 3% a year after around 40).

Are you noticing any aggression side effects? I find testosterone-boosters like Tribulus terrestris do boost mood, but also have the side effect of making me short-tempered and generally always feeling angry, which is not a nice mental state, so for that reason I rarely use Tribulus terrestris.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@Hip ive never got much out of test boosters. Explanation i saw was that if someone low T increased their T levels by 50%, its not significant to do a great deal eg T level of 250 would go up to 375 so still in the low normal range.

Id say my mood on TRT and having levels in the high range like 900 to 1000 improves mood, no anger if anything you become more assertive, more resistent to stress. A number of guys ive read about say the roid rage thing rarely occurs, its just makes normal dickheads, bigger dickheads lol. Trenbolone is different from what ive read but then again its only been approved for cattle.

Big lesson is to stick with approved steroids for humans and use them in doses used for hormone replacement. It seems many of the TRT clinics in america use testosterone and a few other will add a low dose of deca/nandrolone as it has joint and muscle repairing and pain relieving effects and for cfsers can improve immune function. Total dose of a single drug or combination is usually limited to max of 250mg per week.

junkcrap50

How do you get the drug Proviron? Are you outside the US? It's illegal in the US.

What dose of proviron you taking? Its well known for increasing free testosterone levels for guys already on testosterone replacement therapy plus TRT theres always some conversion to dht.
It raises free testosterone because it lowers and binds to SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin), which binds to and consumes testosterone, lowering free testosterone levels.